Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Blog in Trouble?

by singerz

We know what many of you are thinking. Where have the bloggers been? Also, why did Fruity Pebbles add that new pink color? And for those of you who aren’t thinking that, suck it.

The truth is, the Garbage Dump is at risk of being canceled. Our ratings are down, our morale is low, and the Aschen family is threatening lawsuits (for those you who don’t know, Mink made fun of a dead guy).

There have been talks with Google and Yahoo! (I badly wanted to write that exclamation point) about having them pick up the blog, but the CEO of Yahoo goes to the steam room naked and was offended by my last post. The CEOs of Google are apparently “too cool for school” and our blog doesn’t “tickle their tootsies.” NOTE: I don’t ever want to tickle anyone’s tootsie.

In other news, we are proud to report that here is a direct quote from a Rabbi writing about our blog: “the blog of someone in our Jewish sphere posting about things that seem a bit juvenile.” He thinks that is an insult? HA. That may very well be the greatest compliment I have ever received (aside from the time that girl on the subway told me that I have gorgeous knees).

Until next time, I bid you adieu. (I’ve always wanted to bid someone adieu and never knew how. Thoughts?)

8 Comments:

Blogger benwah22 said...

I actually know a lot more about politics, economics and international affairs than I care to write about in a 3 minute blurb that I wrote hungover on Sunday morning. But don't worry, they'll be more apathy and sarcasm coming. Thanks for reading :-)

9:08 AM  
Blogger EDS said...

Hey,

In response to your comment left on my blog regarding F. and S. and B. All good points, but -
My 13 year old brother reads the blog. In 10 years when he is in rehab, I don't want my parents to blame me for his foray into alcohol and drugs simply because I dropped a couple of F-bombs on my blog. Any idea what foray means? Did I even use it correctly? Whatever...

Anyway - F. the Rabbi, keep blogging. A friend of mine was recently involved in a "synagogue blogging incident" because of his indirect attack on certain members of the congregation. I must say - it was highly worth it for the soap opera that ensued. Plus it made for some really good post topics. Peace...

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't leave

11:02 AM  
Blogger ADDeRabbi said...

It wasn't an insult. It was an observation, and I certainly didn't intend for 'juvenile' to be taken in a derogatory way. You were writing about what you thought when you were a kid, or about what you'd do if you could relive high-school. I described that type of post as 'juvenile', meaning, appropriate for or descriptive of youngsters. Nothing more.

So, EDS, you don't have to 'F.' me.

4:15 PM  
Blogger EDS said...

Thank God for that. Because I swore to myself if it was ever going to be a man, it was going to be Derek Jeter and that's it! So, thanks for the pass!

5:46 PM  
Blogger ADDeRabbi said...

anytime.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zev,
Cash in the chips...one more slice of prime rib at the shmorg...give that call girl at the Blackjack table one more anxious glance...and run for your life.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Duddes02 said...

I didn't know fruity pebbles added a new color. Good job on your post; you blog is officially back on my favorites, keep posting boys.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home