Friday, April 27, 2007

Things I've Had Enough of: Mink, Me, and People Who Say "For All Intensive Purposes"

by singerz

When 3 days go by after Mink posts, and I haven't put something up yet, Mink bitches. "Waaaaaa, cmon Zev, post on the blog, waaaaaa, change my diaper, waaaaaa." True story. But there is a double standard here, Mink, and I will not let this injustice stand. Next time you come for the weekend, I'm not putting a dirty sheet on top of the dirty mattress for you to sleep on. Chew on that, because G-d alone knows who and what has been on that mattress.

Have you ever wanted to take a break from a roommate or a friend? Well yesterday I realized that I really, REALLY need a break from...wait for it... myself. I just would like a little breathing room. Don't get me wrong, I really like myself. A lot. Like more than a friend. But I would just love to have one damn weekend alone, without myself, without my stupid jokes, and without my crazy ideas. I wish.

And finally- I know plenty of people who say "For all intensive purposes" instead of "For all intents and purposes." Drives me mad. Like my brother who says "HundreT" instead of "HundreD." C'mon bro, enough of that. To quote one of my favorite toys from childhood, Speak-n-Spell, "SAY IT." And who is going to argue with the authoritative robotic yet tender and sweet voice of the Speak-n-Spell. I rest my case.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the record: singerz has resorted to posting on his "blog" my conversations with him VERBATIM, without appropriate citation. i believe in this country, that is called plagiarism. i would just like that noted publicly. WHATEVER, Dude.

3:47 PM  
Blogger singerz said...

After reviewing my records, I deny any and all allegations of plagiarism and would ask ms. manning to pick a more talented quarterback to pick for her comment posting name.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUCK IT!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not cool, Zev. Everyone thinks I'm bad because they compare me to my brother. Just because I throw interceptions at the crucial juncture of every game does not mean I am bad. Plus, my brother has pastier skin than me. Though I have to admit, I am pretty pasty. Anyway, I love the blog and go Giants!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd also like to make fun of the people that say MUTE POINT instead of MOOT point. and i may as well throw in these tards that say ECSPECIALLY instead of ESPECIALLY. ECSETERA instead of ETCETERA. are the Dundalkonians over-breeding?

10:39 AM  
Blogger Jacob Da Jew said...

Haha! Funny blog.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ironically, Zev thinks he is a member of Moot court (which is an extracurricular activity at many law schools), when in fact he is a member and mascot of Moose court. For all intents and purposes, the 2 are very easily confused.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Duddes02 said...

Just for the record:

I say gaZ instead of gaS
and
SignifiGantly instead of SignifiCantly

Sue me.

Cute post SingerZ

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home